This recipe comes from the multi-talented Moreka Jolar of Hollyhocks Cooks fame. Currently combining her horticulture and gastronomical mind together into a new and tasty venture, she is now running Ripple Rock Farm on Quadra Island.
- 3 cups packed raw kale leaves, de-stemmed
- 1 cup chopped garlic whistles (scapes)
- ½ cup cashew pieces
- ½ cup grated Asiago or Parmesan*
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Blanch the kale leaves by submerging them into a pot of boiling water for 15-30 seconds. Transfer them immediately to a bowl of cold water to cool. Gather all the leaves up and squeeze with your hands to wring out the excess water. Combine the cooked kale, garlic whistles and all remaining ingredients in a food processor until desired consistency is reached.
- *cheese can easily be replaced with more nuts and salt.
Ripple Rock Farm